[TYPO3-dam] Looking for a gallery...

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Mon Oct 8 01:54:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

> And the one I am using now (jm_gallery) has a
> very, hm, unforgiving update policy plus allows only one level of
> categorization - something a DAM-based gallery should of course handle
> anyway...
>
> Any hints? Or do I really need to code yet another gallery?

please don't - if you need comments and like to code, write a flexible
commenting-extension that can be added to *any* other extension over
hooks or pure TS (as long as the extension supports TS objects or
stdWraps for some markers). I f.e. started coding a little rating
extension which is exactly that flexible and it's already in use for
some time now. Unfortunately I didn't find the time yet to clean it up
and add some more features so that it would be attractive for TER.

If anybody of you is interested in coding _the_ gallery for TYPO3 (which
can be used with or without dam), is MVC based or whatever - start a
topic over in the ECT list, plan it as ECT-extension and I'm in.

--
Greetings,
Franz Koch