[TYPO3-dam] Looking for a gallery...

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Sun Oct 7 11:25:22 CEST 2007

Hi!
Karsten Dambekalns schrieb:
> Now, I know the TER and I did look there. But I wasn't lucky. Here is
> what I would need to have, so if any of you have a suggestion, I'd be
> thankful.

You're absolutly right. There is in fact no gallery that can support
nested categories or selections. I already looked through these
galleries and contacted their programmers but most of them told they
only will add these features if a customer pays money. For ce_gallery or
how it's called, I have written a patch that fixes the slideshow when
used with simulate static documents but that wasn't included so I
stopped thinking about adding nested categories by myself there. I mean
doing something with a more or less cancled extension isn't what I'd
like to do. Anyway. I have asked a lot people in the mailinglist, by
email and in IRQ and.....

>  * Nesting of categories and albums possible, multi-level
> [..]
> Any hints? Or do I really need to code yet another gallery?

The only gallery that might currently support this is based on
PostgreSQL and written by Ries. Unfortunately it's ready when it's
ready... :-/

Did someone think of making a gallery to a goal of the Association?
Maybe it would be solved very fast if two or three core members do that ;)

Greetings
Andreas