[TYPO3-dam] ce_gallery, dam categories and a little bit of be user permissions issues

Christian Ehret chris at ehret.name
Thu May 31 09:54:56 CEST 2007

Hello everyone!

by chance I found this post. I'm the author of the ce_gallery extension and I'll like to make it better and implementing the needs and wishes of the community.

I've seen that it is possible to assign DAM categories to a user. This information is stored in be_users table in the field tx_dam_mountpoints like "txdamCat:4,txdamCat:1," - I guess that should be the values used for checking the rights?
But I think that in most cases this is too complex for users who do not need several rights on DAM categories, because each time they go into the DAM, create categories, upload the pictures and assign categories to them, they need one more step: assign the new categories to users or groups before they can choose them in the plugin. I see a lot of users throwing the extension away because they do not get the point to assign these rights...
I guess it would have been better to assign the rights directly in the category definition, like it works with other elements in TYPO3...

Franz you mentioned the graytree library. How does this work?

Cheers

Chris