[TYPO3-dam] handling data outside of teh document root

Thomas Hempel thomas at work.de
Wed May 23 13:04:55 CEST 2007

Hi Krystian,

> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|gif|bmp|png)$ [NC,F]
I will try that.

> I wonder if it will be secure enough for Thomas : )
The point is, that if I want to sell downloads it's an absolutely must to protect them from direct
access in *any* way. What would you say if you're products that should be payed can be taken just by
finding out the right path?

So it was no personal offense when I said that I don't like the idea. It's just as it is. Accessing
files from the browser is a no go. ;-) And if DAM can't handle it, it's a no-go, too.

Greets,
Thomas

--
typo3-unleashed.net