[TYPO3-dam] handling data outside of teh document root

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Wed May 23 12:00:53 CEST 2007

Thomas Hempel wrote:
> Hi Krystian,
>
>> A filename for a stream could be get from a special field in DAM file
>> properties: "File download name". A description of that field is: "A
>> file name which should be used to download the file in a potential
>> frontend application."
>>
>> What do you think?
> Could be a solution but I'm not a friend of "security by obscurity". ;-)
>
> Greets,
> Thomas

Hey,

Agree! This should be solved on server level. I am sure there is some apache
configuration that does not permit direct access to the images from outside, but
only permits access thru the website itself.

Let me know if you figure it out. Otherwise I can ask one of our guys later on.

gRTz

ben
--
netcreators :: creation and innovation