[TYPO3-dam] handling data outside of teh document root

Krystian Szymukowicz t33kRE.MO.VE. at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Wed May 23 10:33:37 CEST 2007

Thomas Hempel wrote:
> Hi Krystian,
>
>> A filename for a stream could be get from a special field in DAM file
>> properties: "File download name". A description of that field is: "A
>> file name which should be used to download the file in a potential
>> frontend application."
>>
>> What do you think?
> Could be a solution but I'm not a friend of "security by obscurity". ;-)

Hehe. You have to use streams anyway so the obscurity is the random
filenames? :) I think it's rather a pros.
For me with 100.000+ filenames its better just not to have filenames.
Think about duplicates, national characters, too long file names etc :)
Its not helping at all - it is only a problem.

But this is your project :) Good luck.

--
greetings
Krystian Szymukowicz