[TYPO3-dam] Localization problems

René Fritz r.fritz at colorcube.de
Thu Mar 29 17:15:28 CEST 2007

Hi Michael

> i have problem with the localization in DAM.
> i created categories for the default (german) and one more (english)
> language. when i want to translate a media file then the right box in the
> categories section is empty and the left just says: <em>[No
> title]</em>

The string '<em>[No title]</em>' is a but ugly but anyway what you want is to
apply different categories to a translated record than the default record.
This is currently not supported. You can change the TCA definition of the
tx_dam.category field but I have no idea if it will break things or if it
even works.

dam/tca.php:

'category' => array (
	'l10n_display' => 'defaultAsReadonly',

Enable the field by removing the line with 'l10n_display'

René

--
COLORCUBE
digital media lab