[TYPO3-dam] Converting traditional image field to DAM relations

René Fritz r.fritz at colorcube.de
Fri Mar 2 12:05:24 CET 2007

On Friday 02 March 2007 11:14:27 Davide Principi wrote:

> I agree it would be nice to gather file informations from TCA, but if we
>   want to see the problem from this higher point of view, we loose FE
> rendering control.

A fully generic solution needs to know to which field the file references
should be moved to, so it will not be possible to read all needed information
from TCA.

> So this tool can do a BE work only: copy the file to a directory, index,
> and create relations.  Does it sound like a "service"?

A service is functionality that can be implemented in different ways or for
different usages. I wouldn't say it's a service, but the code could be
integrated into the dam libs.

> Maybe dam_ttcontent (is it a demo?) can invoke this service when is

dam_ttcontent was meant as a demo. Now it seems that it is the dam connector
for available content elements. The extension might be improved by time.

> installed to work with ttcontent-images.  I think extension developers
> should decide why, when and how change "uploads/ storage style" to "dam
> storage style".

Second extensions can change an extension to use dam file references too.

René

--
COLORCUBE
digital media lab