[TYPO3-dam] Converting traditional image field to DAM relations

Davide Principi d.principi at nospamme.provincia.ps.it
Fri Mar 2 11:14:27 CET 2007

Hi Daniel and René,
thanks for your hints, at first.

I agree it would be nice to gather file informations from TCA, but if we
  want to see the problem from this higher point of view, we loose FE
rendering control.

So this tool can do a BE work only: copy the file to a directory, index,
and create relations.  Does it sound like a "service"?

Maybe dam_ttcontent (is it a demo?) can invoke this service when is
installed to work with ttcontent-images.  I think extension developers
should decide why, when and how change "uploads/ storage style" to "dam
storage style".

Best regards,
--Davide Principi
http://www.docweb.provincia.pu.it