[TYPO3-dam] Converting traditional image field to DAM relations

Daniel Thomas dt at dpool.net
Fri Mar 2 10:04:28 CET 2007

Hi Davide,

> _We are talking about tt_content images_. I think to do the following:

If you start doing something here it would be cool, if you did not
only think about  tt_content images but about any media attached to
db-records. The usual TCA definition of file-fields give all
necessary information about db-content and file paths.

Maybe a submodule of the DAM which lets you select the tables you
want to convert. The system then checks for file-fields in the TCA
and transfers the data based on convention based relation identifiers
(i.e. TABLENAME_FIELDNAME), targetpaths ...
Maybe not all extensions support DAM relations right now, however if
there is a general route to the DAM extension maintainers will have a
better argument for supporting the DAM.

Regards

Daniel

> For each textpic/images tt_content record
>   For each file in the "image" field (comma separated list)
>
>     1. copy the file from uploads/ to a target directory
>     2. push the file in the target dir into the DAM index (why not?
> assign a category? can I do it here?)
>     3. create references
>     4 (optionally) delete image field content
>     5 (optionally) delete uploads/ original file.
>

> Instead of point 4, FE rendering of images from "image" field can be
> disabled, modifying dam_ttcontent TS to not read that field anymore.
>

> What do you think?
> --Davide Principi
>

> René Fritz ha scritto:
>> On Friday 02 March 2007 08:50:06 Andreas Balzer wrote:
>>> file and upload) can still be used. If the uploaded images would be
>>> indexed directly into a 'default' dam category, they could be
>>> categoriezed later on.. editors in general want it as easy as
>>> possible..
>>
>> How to define/name a default upload folder?
>>
>> René

--/

Daniel Thomas dpool

Hinderink und Thomas Partnerschaft  IT-Berater und Projektmanager

Eduard-Schmid-Str. 9 | D-81541 München
t 089 4522 7582 | fax 089 4522 7583

http://www.dpool.net

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München