[TYPO3-dam] DAM and 4.1

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Wed Jan 31 13:35:29 CET 2007

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Ingmar what is your goal? Do you want testing if MM works fine in TYPO3
>> 4.1?
>
> Yes, exactly, testing MM handling with MM_match_fields as used by DAM.
>
>> Because IMHO it makes some sense for DAM 1.1 to ship with XCLASSes
>> to support TYPO3 4.0 and to move on in DAM 1.2. I can image than DAM 1.2
>>  is maybe the same as 1.1 but for the XCLASSing.
>
> Well, if DAM for 4.1 still ships XCLASSes for 4.1 it will most probably
> have to be a different XCLASSes then the ones used for 4.0, because
> there were quite a lot of changes in tceforms, tcemain and
> t3lib_loaddbgroup.

I meant:

DAM 1.1 is for TYPO3 4.0 (XCLASSes)
DAM 1.2 is for TYPO3 4.1+ (Core features)

DAM 1.2 would be identical to DAM 1.1 besides the switch from XLASS to
Core features.

But this only makes sense (for folks who don't want to upgrade to TYPO3
4.1) if DAM 1.1 is shipped soon. If DAM 1.1 is due in 2 months it cold
use the Core features as well.

Masi