[TYPO3-dam] DAM and 4.1

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sun Jan 28 22:25:40 CET 2007

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Ingmar what is your goal? Do you want testing if MM works fine in TYPO3
> 4.1?

Yes, exactly, testing MM handling with MM_match_fields as used by DAM.

> Because IMHO it makes some sense for DAM 1.1 to ship with XCLASSes
> to support TYPO3 4.0 and to move on in DAM 1.2. I can image than DAM 1.2
>  is maybe the same as 1.1 but for the XCLASSing.

Well, if DAM for 4.1 still ships XCLASSes for 4.1 it will most probably
have to be a different XCLASSes then the ones used for 4.0, because
there were quite a lot of changes in tceforms, tcemain and
t3lib_loaddbgroup.

So instead of XCLASSing, one could just as well define different TCA
configurations based on the Core version being 4.1.

Here's some pseudo code:

if(TYPO3_branch <= 4.0)
	define XCLASSes for tceforms, tcemain and loaddbgroup
	and DAM tables TCA the way it used to be

if(TYPO3_branch == 4.1)
	define DAM tables TCA to work with bidiMM handling in 4.1

cheers
Ingmar