[TYPO3-dam] DAM and 4.1

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Thu Jan 25 13:18:43 CET 2007

Hi guys,

as we (the core team) are going to release 4.1 RC one soon, I would like
to hear from you (users of the DAM) if there's everything in place in
4.1beta3 now, that makes DAM not need to XCLASS tceforms any more.

The point is:
Since 4.1beta3 the core ships with an additional functionality to the
Bidi-MM feature which is the possibility to save different relations to
the same MM-table by means of so called "matchFields". René Fritz told
me that was needed for DAM, that's why I integrated it.

Until now DAM always shipped with an XCLASS to tceforms and tcemain in
order to make that work, but in theory that is not necessary any more.

Now, the question is if one of you could test if that really works.

New core options in the TCA configuration of select and group fields:

   MM_match_fields
	(not documented yet, but is exactly as used by DAM)
   MM_insert_fields
	(not documented yet, but is exactly as used by DAM)
   MM_table_where
	(not documented yet, but is exactly as used by DAM)
   MM_opposite_field
	If you want to make an mm relation editable from the foreign
	side of the relation as well, you need to set MM_opposite_field
	on the foreign side to the fieldname on the local side.
	E.g. if the field "companies.employees" is your local side
	and you want to make the same relation editable from the foreign
	side of the relation in a field called persons.employers, you
	would need to set the MM_opposite_field value of the TCA
	configuration of the persons.employers field to the string
	"employees".

What's also new is that MM-tables now need to have a field called
"sorting_foreign" as well. This will have to be added to DAM's
ext_tables.sql file.

Bottom line is: I'm not going to test it, and if none of you does it,
chances are likely there's sill bugs in it, so I'd be glad if you did it!

cheers
Ingmar