[TYPO3-dam] categories from folders... again...

Nico Potvin nico.potvin at kandesign.com
Wed Feb 14 14:09:16 CET 2007

Hi,

I have read a lot of stuff about the ability to generate categories
from folders and by indexing them, they are automatically inserted in
that category.

I have tried to get this to work but no success.

So this is what i would like to do.
- I have a folder tree set up in the fileadmin and whatever files that
are in the folders should automatically be inserted in their
corresponding categories.
- If a new file gets uploaded in a folder via FTP or whatever, it
should automatically and instantly be added to its category through
indexing or something else.
- via Dam_downloads it gets directed to a FE page

So what i have tried and up and running:
- Dam files get uploaded, manually put in a category and directed to
the FE.
- Running DAM 1.0.8, dam_catedit 1.0.5, dam_index 1.0.4, dam_cron 1.0.2
- I tried using the extension enet_dam_ext to use the folders to
category thing, but no success.
- what can i do to speed up the indexing or force it to index
automatically so the files get transferred to their folders?

i am trying to figure out a system for filemanagement and what
extensions to use.
Still struggling with this. What do you guys recommend?

Greets

Nico
--
Nico Potvin