[TYPO3-dam] Dam cronjobs, indexing and indexed search

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Tue Feb 13 10:33:33 CET 2007

Nico Potvin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a possibility to set a cronjob for automating indexing in the dam?
> Beacause i noticed that there is some delay between the indexing of a
> file and when it was uploaded. this is probably normal, but just to know
> how and when does the indexing work? And is it possible to search
> through the index of the dam via indexed search?

Hi Nico,

I think indexing by cron could always ne done. This is what the manual from DAM
1.1 beta3 says:

Media>Tools>Cron Job
This module is similar to the indexing module with the difference that the
indexing setup can be saved to be used as a preset for a cron script. The cron
script itself can be called periodically or triggered by some event to index new
files automatically while operating in the background.

I haven't used cron for indexing myself yet, but the possibilities are there.

gRTz

ben
--
netcreators :: creation and innovation