[TYPO3-dam] mmforeign

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Wed Sep 13 13:55:49 CEST 2006

Hi René,

René Fritz schrieb:
> You can have more than one MM related field in a record.

That is easily possible with our implementation, you just need to use
different mm-tables to store the different relations.

Could you make an example of relations that are not possible to store
without match- and insertfields?

> You need to know
> which field is related to the relation.

I don't understand what you mean. Could you try to describe it differently?

> Could you please have a look into the new mmforeign extension at
> http://typo3lab.colorcube.de/dam.html
>
> The extension don't patch TCE to implement bidi-MM anymore. What I've done is
> to make it possible to use user functions for the TCE handling. This gives
> total freedom. It would be nice to have that in 4.1.
>
> What do you think?

Do you mean that one?
http://typo3lab.colorcube.de/download/dam/mmforeign-20060901.zip

I had a look at it, but if I understand the code correctly, that still
implements bidi-MM as XCLASSes, doesn't it?

cheers
Ingmar