[TYPO3-dam] mmforeign

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Mon Sep 4 16:22:58 CEST 2006

Hello Ingmar,

> Have a look at the patch attached to the following bug:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4140
>
> Would that be sufficient for what the DAM needs, or are the
> insert/matchfields conceptionally necessary for the DAM?

Have a look at http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2822 to make mm tables
usable like normal tables with TCE.

It would be helpful if we could get independant at all from the
'uid_local' and 'uid_foreign' field names for a mm table.
This could be implemented by using an uidArray as parameter having the
field names as index. E.g. $uidArray['uid_local'] = 3;
$uidArray['uid_foreign'] = 7;

An another one could have
$uidArray['local_id'] = 3; $uidArray['foreign_id'] = 7;
in his mm table.

And it would even be possible to have

$uidArray['table1_id1'] = 3; $uidArray['table1_id2'] = 3;
$uidArray['table2_id'] = 7;
where local_id1 and local_id2 would form a unique key of a local table
together. There would not be any difference between local and foreign table.
I propose to enhance the TCA and add a TCA for mm tables similar to this:

$TCA['tx_extensionname_tablesxy_mm'] = Array (
	'ctrl' => Array (
		'title' =>
'LLL:EXT:extensionname/locallang_db.php:tx_extensionname_tablesxy_mm',
## WOP:[tables][1][title]
		'label' => 'title',	## WOP:[tables][1][header_field]
		'tstamp' => 'tstamp',
		'crdate' => 'crdate',
		'cruser_id' => 'cruser_id',
		'key' => 'uid_local,uid_foreign',