[TYPO3-dam] media types

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Wed Nov 29 22:24:51 CET 2006

Hi Rene,

Remember that for the first DAM release we discussed a bit the way the media
types are categorised? We had quit a good division at that time I think. At the
moment some things seem to be mixed up. odt and tmpl are categorized as
undefined, sxw as application etc. Files like odt, doc could be categorized as
Text as there is the Additional meta data field. These kind of files can carry
extra metadata.

I try to find a standardised set of media type categories, but could not find
that. Maybe I have to look harder ;-) It seems to me that we should use
standards for that categorization if there is such a thing. Could you post the
Media Type categories and the file types that belong to that categories? Or part
of the source where that is defined?

gRTz

ben
--