[TYPO3-dam] Jobs #4 - TSconfig options

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Tue Nov 28 00:53:09 CET 2006

René Fritz wrote:
> In the next days I will implement TSconfig options all over the place.
>
> The main idea is to make it possible to deactivate functions which might not
> be neded for all users. Other options might configure values like the maximum
> amount of items to be listed, and so on.
>
> It would be good to go through the list of default options of other modules
> like web>list or file>list to check which options can be implemented here
> too.
>
> Soo there are two jobs you can help me:
>
> 1. go through other modules TSconfig options and search for options that
> should be implemented in dam too (would be good to have the link to the
> manual on typo3.org)
>
> 2. tell me what other options are needed

Hi Rene,

We would need some TS to disable the extra options at the bottom of the list
module. This is not default now in TYPO3, but very desirable to give a clean
backend to simple users. Sorry for not using correct TS but something like
tx_dam.list_module.xoptions.field_selector.disabled = 1. You would also want the
checkboxes in 'options' to be configurable like options.thumbnails = 1 and
options.batch_edit = 1. This goes for the other modes (like thumbnail view) as
well. Maybe it does not make sense for everything, but I think it would be a
good idea to have those configurable as a kind of preset for backend users.

That is all for now.

gRTz

ben
--