[TYPO3-dam] mmforeign

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Mon Nov 27 23:29:56 CET 2006

Hi René,

René Fritz wrote:
> Fact is that obviously Ingmar not had a look at the rewritten mmforeign as I
> asked. Otherwise he would not have asked what he asked.

That's just plain wrong. Sebastian and me actually started our work on
bidirectional mm-relations by reviewing and testing your patch. However,
the deeper we dug into it, the less we understood why you did certain
things the way you did it. That was when I tried to call you multiple
times, wrote emails to you, and left a message on your answering machine
but you didn't reply at all. Having to cope with that somehow, we wrote
our own solution to the problem, which we thought solved the problem
with a much smaller footprint than your solution.

> And it's not much
> code to review. 10 minutes.

Sebastian and me took half a day of intensive reviewing of your code and
discussed it with Rupert Germann on Skype as well.

>> come back. It's really hard to discuss, it's really hard to motivate
>> oneself to contribute.
>
> Exactly. 10 weeks available solution to a 'main problem' and nobody gave
> feedback. Just to take this example. I call this motivating too. There's
> almost always a different side of the story.

René, why are you still insisting on "nobody" giving you feedback? I
gave feedback and it was you who left the discussion not replying to my
mail!

cheers
Ingmar