[TYPO3-dam] DAM API questions

René Fritz r.fritz at colorcube.de
Fri Nov 24 18:56:59 CET 2006

> 1) Download link

> Is there an easier way?

Not yet. But I would like to release a solution with 1.1 which provides secure
download and logging. But it depends on sponsoring. I'll provide a summary of
the features in the next days.

> 2) getting list of DAM elements matching a category
> Currently I´m doing it this way:
>   $tmp_where = 'AND tx_dam_cat.uid IN ('.$catUidList1.')';
>   $tmp_where .= $this->cObj->enableFields('tx_dam');
>   $res =
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_SELECT_mm_query('tx_dam.uid','tx_dam','tx_dam_mm
>_cat','tx_dam_cat',$tmp_where);
>
> I tried using  tx_dam_db::getReferencesUidList() but I did not manage
> because it uses tx_dam_mm_ref and not tx_dam_mm_cat...

The selection API can be used for that. I will provide an example in
dam_demo_pi, but that will take some days.

> 3) getting category infos
> something like
> $cat = tx_dam::category_getByUid($myuid);
>
> Is there anything like this? Otherwise I will query the dam_cat table
> "directly". (OK - seems to be no reason not to do, or? ...)

That's ok

I was waitng for a general category solution in TYPO3 and therefore provided
the category module as temporary solution, but it seems I have to go all the
way and finish a category API/Solution.

René

--
COLORCUBE