[TYPO3-dam] DAM category selection field in flexform

Karl-Ernst Kiel kekiel at kekiel.de
Thu Nov 23 11:13:43 CET 2006

Richard Bausek wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> is it possible to render the DAM category selection tree in a flexform?
>
> I tried to implement it but inside the iframe only the tabs of the whole
> flexform are shown instead of the tree.
> [...]
> Can anyone spot an error there?

Skip the line
<treeViewBrowseable>1</treeViewBrowseable>
(or set the value to 0)
The tree will always be shown fully expanded and not browsable - but it
will be displayed...

> I have looked up other extensions using DAM and the only one with the
> category tree is "dam_downloads" where the tree is not in a flexform but
> in an extended field of tt_content even though the plugin uses a
> flexform for configuration. I guess the author had the same problem as I
> did...

Really seems to be a general problem.
I took a look at the code of function "getSingleField_selectTree" in
class.tx_dam_tceFunc.php but I did not manage to work it out :-(

I added this issue to the bugtracker.

Greetings,
Karl-E.