[TYPO3-dam] translating/localizing dam categories

Karl-Ernst Kiel kekiel at kekiel.de
Wed Nov 22 13:15:22 CET 2006

Hi René!

René Fritz wrote:
> Should the categories module provide localization? This module was always
> meant as a temporary solution until a general category approach is
> established in TYPO3. But that never happended, and current efforts does not
> seem to provide a solution very soon.

:-( for the "general approach" - So we need a full featured
Media->Categories module...

> Should the user see the localized categories in BE?

Yes - this would be very nice!

As you supposed, localisation works while editing a category record in
Media->Categories (despite the "Parent category" - it shows "<em>[No
title]</em>" but it is not editable (this is OK - it should´n be!) ...)

Greetings,
Karl-E.