[TYPO3-dam] DAM/Typo3: Direct link to file?

Andreas Wolf ng at nospam.andreaswolf.info
Tue Nov 7 10:17:15 CET 2006

Hello Christo,

> First of all: What a great extension! :-)
ACK! ;)

> Secondly, is it possible to create only a reference to a file in the
> filesystem in the 1-2-3-4-process?
Yes, this should be possible, but only to a limited extent. It is possible
to store absolute paths in the tx_dam-table, where all DAM-records are
stored in the database. But the problem is how to handle such files - they
are not directly linkable, as they are outside the htdocs-dir. I'm also not
sure if this would be 100% safe_mode-compliant.

I also had the idea to extend the DAM the way you pointed out, but I have
not dug deeper into the internal structure of the DAM, but it should be
possible without or with little modifications.

Cheers,

Andreas