[TYPO3-dam] DAM/Typo3: The file: protocol in the 1-2-3-4 process?

Christo Romberg coromberg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 11:04:25 CET 2006

Hi!

Is it possible in addition to the existing import method, to create a
reference/shortcut to a file using the file:/// protocol in the
import-section of the 1-2-3-4-process?

Some files that I would want to organize and store
in the DAM system, are files that I update frequently
(eg. text files, application files..). The existing method
doesn't allow me to change the content of the files.
But, if such assets could be imported to the DAM system using the
file:/// protocol, they could easily be changed.

Furhtermore, the file:/// allows you to open files via a webbrowser
without having to download them. This would result in a more effiecient
way to edit and view larger files (like double-clicking on a file in a
file explorer).

The present method of indexing files are of course a great way of
importing them to the system. Most of the files I index would
of course be imported by the existing method.

PS.Being a neewbe to TYPO3 and programming, the only thing I can do is
give my opinions of feauters that could be useful.

Best Regards,
Christo Romberg