[TYPO3-dam] Newbie Question - Categories

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Fri Nov 3 23:14:56 CET 2006

junk at melriks.com wrote:
> Typo3 Version: 4.0.2
> DAM Category Extension: 1.0.3
>
> I'm a newbie evaluating features of Typo3 (thinking of moving away from
> Joomla!).  I have DAM and Media-Categories extensions installed, but I
> can't add categories (logged-in as the admin).
>
> Files, Lists, Tools modules work just fine, but I can't right mouse
> click on categories and I don't have the little plus-equals-minus symbols.
>
> I've read through the documentation.  Did I miss a set-up option?
>
> Other than the listserv archives, is there anywhere else to go for
> troubleshooting information?
>
> Thanks to anyone who can help.

Hey,

Please use your real name. That's a prerequisite on the T3 lists. We
like to know your name.

Well.....

1. You can create categories by indexing a folder and it's subfolders.
Categories are created from their foldernames. Did you install "dam_catedit"
2. You can create categories from the the DAM menu item 'categories'.

There is a DAM 2 in progress which is significantly better.

gRTz

ben
--
netcreators :: creation and innovation