[TYPO3-dam] behavor_after_update_to_typo3-4.0b3

Willi Kernen wkernen at outdoor.ch
Fri Mar 10 13:59:53 CET 2006

Hi Forum,

After updating from typo3 3.8.1 to the new 4.0 Beta 3 I have just a
detail, but I can't figure it out:

some category images will be not found. As example - in the cat-tree
displays me the catfolder.gif but *not* the cat.gif

Seems to be a result of an wrong-formed URL:

http://domain.com/typo3conf/ext/dam_catedit/typo3conf/ext/dam/i/cat.gif

In the file ext/dam/lib/class.tx_dam_stdselection.php I found the
folowin entries:

    $this->iconName = 'cat.gif';
    $this->iconPath = $BACK_PATH.PATH_txdam_rel.'i/';
    $this->rootIcon = $BACK_PATH.PATH_txdam_rel.'i/catfolder.gif';

So I try
	$this->iconName = $BACK_PATH.PATH_txdam_rel.'i/cat.gif';

Unfortanely it don't works :-(

A funny behavior is, if I change the filename "cat.gif" in a name, which
don't exists to a server - as example "xcat.gif" then it shows me the
right path. Result:

http://domain.com/typo3conf/ext/dam/i/xcat.gif

The path is showed now correctly - o.k. I copy the file cat.gif to
xcat.gif, so that it really exists. The Result:

http://domain.com/typo3conf/ext/dam_catedit/typo3conf/ext/dam/i/xcat.gif

Hmmmm... the path is only incorrect, when the file in the target-folder
exists. Is Typo3 kidding with me?

The same behavior is mit the subicons in demotree and in the mediatypes
(mediatype.gif). paradoxically it works fine with the fileadmin-icons.

Somebody any ideas?

Greetings outdoor