[TYPO3-dam] Proposition for a "new" feature: DAM REAL FullText Search(like Indexed Search)

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Jul 6 09:36:25 CEST 2006

Pascal Voitot schrieb am 05.07.2006 18:23:

> (...)
> I'm interested in the DAM because it allows to manages documents without moving
> the files in a DB... But there is one thing I really miss in your DAM: FULLTEXT
> INDEXING/SEARCH is not supported for the time being.

> (...)

> Furthermore, typo3 offers one nice indexation engine: the indexed_search
> module... Isn't it possible to link DAM and indexed search and to have some
> sort of "DAM search engine" which could be used to search for documents in the
> backend and also in the frontend?

If you have an FE-extension where are able to browse your DAM-resources
in the FE and which provides cached page results, you might be able to
use indexed_search in the FE to search for your DAM resources. There
even might be something like that already in TER. mm_dam_filelist looks
interesting. Maybe that would be a simple solution?

> I know the indexed_search is made for FE indexing but there is a "crawler"
> module which performs indexation in background so maybe it is possible to link
> DAM with it! This is only a suggestion :)
> Do you intend to add this feature to the DAM?
> I might look at the code to see if it is possible to implement it but I prefer
> to have your advice before!

For the BE I think we have to wait until someone codes something like
that. If you are interested in doing that, I also think many people will
benefit from it. So go ahead! If you have questions, post to this list,
there might be people able to help you.

Cheers,
Ernesto