[TYPO3-dam] retrieve meta information and file rename

Vikram Mandal [Typo3India] vikram at typo3india.com
Sat Jan 21 12:59:32 CET 2006

René Fritz wrote:

> 2. You have a different field which is similar to the file-group field
> but
> stores tx_dam uid's. Therefore
> - No file copy
> - Renaming of files works
> - When the file will be deleted you get a warning because of the used
> reference
>
> See extension dam_ttcontent for an example how to use such references.
>

> The user interface to inserting files needs much improvements. A possible
> solution could look like this:
>
> http://typo3.org/development/projects/digital-asset-management/planned-features/
> see "Enhanced Image form element"
>
> That element allows switching of copy and reference.
>
> René

Hi René,

Thanks for the suggestion and time. The number 2 option fits my need
perfectly.  Every thing is working fine except that I have two fields of
the new type "image_field" one after another and only the second field
works. The first field get populated automatically with data of the
second field when saving. This seems like some TCA config issue. Below
is my ext_tables.php content:

$tempDAMimage = txdam_getMediaTCA('image_field', 'tx_damttcontent_files');
$tempDAMimage['config']['size']=1;
$tempDAMimage['config']['minitems']=0;
$tempDAMimage['config']['maxitems']=1;

$tempColumns = Array (
    "tx_fiveettproductxtnd_q2_image" => $tempDAMimage
    /*"tx_fiveettproductxtnd_q2_image" => Array (
        "exclude" => 1,
        "label" =>
"LLL:EXT:fivee_ttproduct_xtnd/locallang_db.php:tt_products.tx_fiveettproductxtnd_q2_image",

        "config" => Array (
            "type" => "group",
            "internal_type" => "db",
            "allowed" => "tx_dam",
            "size" => 1,
            "minitems" => 0,
            "maxitems" => 1,
        )
    )*/,
    "tx_fiveettproductxtnd_q3_image" => $tempDAMimage
    /*"tx_fiveettproductxtnd_q3_image" => Array (
        "exclude" => 1,
        "label" =>
"LLL:EXT:fivee_ttproduct_xtnd/locallang_db.php:tt_products.tx_fiveettproductxtnd_q3_image",

        "config" => Array (
            "type" => "group",
            "internal_type" => "db",
            "allowed" => "tx_dam",
            "size" => 1,
            "minitems" => 0,
            "maxitems" => 1,
        )
    )*/,
);

t3lib_div::loadTCA("tt_products");
t3lib_extMgm::addTCAcolumns("tt_products",$tempColumns,1);
t3lib_extMgm::addToAllTCAtypes("tt_products","tx_fiveettproductxtnd_q2_image;;;;1-1-1,
tx_fiveettproductxtnd_q3_image");
--

I have extended the tt_product table to add two new image fields above.

Thanks for any hints/pointers.

Regards,
Vikram Mandal
http://www.typo3india.com - connect.innovate.share