[TYPO3-dam] retrieve meta information and file rename

René Fritz r.fritz at colorcube.de
Fri Jan 20 10:07:44 CET 2006

> Now the issue is that the image name is saved in the image fields and
> not the DAM record id. So my question is can I depend on the image file
> name to retrieve the meta information? what is the file name is changed
> using the Media>File?

There are two methods of inserting files into records. You probably you want
the second one.

1. Eg file-group field like it is in conetent element "Image". This way the
element browser shows DAM content but you insert the file as copy.
That mean the file from fileadmin/ will not be used for that content element
but a copy of it in uploads/. That's the way TYPO3 did it for now.

2. You have a different field which is similar to the file-group field but
stores tx_dam uid's. Therefore
- No file copy
- Renaming of files works
- When the file will be deleted you get a warning because of the used
reference

See extension dam_ttcontent for an example how to use such references.

The user interface to inserting files needs much improvements. A possible
solution could look like this:

http://typo3.org/development/projects/digital-asset-management/planned-features/
see "Enhanced Image form element"

That element allows switching of copy and reference.

René

--
COLORCUBE
digital media lab