[TYPO3-dam] DAM 1.1 beta03 for download

David Smeringe david at smeringe.se
Thu Dec 14 10:48:32 CET 2006

René Fritz skrev:
> ... here
>
> http://typo3lab.colorcube.de/dam.html
>

> Main changes are:
>
> * added a lot of TSconfig options
> Examples are provided and all options are documented in the manual.
>
> * new DAM file link browser for htmlArea
> * integrated DAM image browser for htmlArea (current does not work with 1.1)
> These may be integrated in htmlArea sometimes
>
> * improved multi language handling
> - In the list module one can create localized records and display can be
> limited to show localized only.
> - Categories show the items in the users language if possible (this is tricky
> and might not work with all languages)
> There are still todo's but localization should work better now.
>
> * Media>Tools>Configuration. Displays the current DAM setup (from TSconfig)
..

Some followups..

Image isn't displayed when viewing or editing a translated record.

It feels a bit odd that, when removing a translation of a record it
removes the image as well (and I guess by that also the default language
indexed record). Not sure though how to handle it, but I think the files
should be left for records with a parent language. Would be nice to have
an option on the "delete file" page to either delete index info and file
or just delete index information and keep the image.

I think it also would be nice to have the same options as on a page in
T3 where you can hide default translation. :-S

I'm currently using each language to control market specific content for
a web site and would like to do the same for dam contents.

Something else, a bit off track but still.. ..I got a few extra fields
in my DAM that I've added where two of them are database relations.
Having translated some of the records in the related database I get both
default language and translated records in my selector box. How can I
filter only single items (preferably the current language of BE)?

I'm also looking for a way to retain updates made in the default
language to be reflected on the translations for these fields with
database relations. Any suggestions.

Best Regards,
David Smeringe