[TYPO3-dam] DAM based download list without mmforeign

Pieter pieter.v at gmx.net
Fri Apr 21 23:50:05 CEST 2006

Hi all,

mmforeign has a problem with certain MM records and it seems not so easy
to fix (see my 16/4/2006 posting).  I was using the extension on a
production site to be able to use dam_filelinks.

A temporary and little bit dirty solution: a SelectPro query.  It only
works with categories assigned to the DAM records.

The query looks like this (for category uid=3):
SELECT
tx_dam.file_type,
CONCAT('http:<you're site name>/',tx_dam.file_path,tx_dam.file_name) AS
fullpath,
tx_dam.title,
tx_dam.description
FROM tx_dam, tx_dam_mm_cat
WHERE
tx_dam_mm_cat.uid_local = tx_dam.uid
AND
tx_dam_mm_cat.uid_foreign = '3'
AND
deleted = 0
ORDER BY title

Enable the sql_whereadd_override flag in the SelectPro Maintable record.
    I did not create any Select Pro Columndefinitions.

My template looks like this:

<head>
<title>Select Pro - File from DAM</title>
</head>

<!-- ###SELECTPRO_TABLE### -->
<!-- ###CONTENT### -->
<!-- ###CONTENT_ITEM### -->
<!-- ###CONTENT_ITEM### -->

<!-- ###CONTENT### -->

<!-- ###SELECTPRO_TABLE### -->

This template is a good simulation for the code generated with
dam_filelinks.  Only the file size is missing and the odd/even
first/last CSS is not working.

Oh yes, and it's a complete bypass of the nice and well structured DAM
system (the file by reference concept).
But it works and does not screw up tt_news so for the time being...

Regards,
Pieter