[TYPO3-dam] mmforeign causes troubles...

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Wed Apr 19 01:25:53 CEST 2006

Hi Pieter,
> it's a little bit harder then I thought to see the problem. Steps to
> make it visible:
> - create a tt_news record with exactly one category selected.  Don't
> choose the category with uid=1.
> - save the tt_news record (even without closing it)
> The list of categories now contains 2 items: the one you selected and
> the category with uid=1.
> This won't occur if the tt_news record has 0 or more then 1 categories.

Ok, now I can reproduce the bug. I must have used combinations in my first quick check in which it didn't occur.

> I have been experimenting with other extensions but only the
> install/uninstall of mmforeign  enables/disables the problem.

The problem is not the storing of the records, but the loading as it seems. When I store a record with one category applied and reopen it, a second category appears - but that second one (uid 1) is not stored in the DB-field of the record yet. By storing the record than, in some cases a third category got inserted then.

So we have to search the but inside the class "class.ux_t3lib_tcemain.php".

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch