[TYPO3-dam] mmforeign causes troubles...

Pieter pieter.v at gmx.net
Tue Apr 18 19:55:48 CEST 2006

Franz Koch wrote:

>> I use the basic DAM extensions, dam_filelinks and dam_ttcontent.
>> Because of this I have the extension mmforeign installed (rev. 0.1.0).
>>
>> But mmforeign 0.1.0 screws up other parts of Typo3.  Example: the
>> first 'news category' (with uid=1) is added to a news record each time
>> you edit a news record.
>
> I can't confirm this - I have no problems with it. Can you give more
> details of your installation (version of typo3, different extensions etc.).

Hello Franz,

it's a little bit harder then I thought to see the problem. Steps to
make it visible:
- create a tt_news record with exactly one category selected.  Don't
choose the category with uid=1.
- save the tt_news record (even without closing it)
The list of categories now contains 2 items: the one you selected and
the category with uid=1.
This won't occur if the tt_news record has 0 or more then 1 categories.

I have been experimenting with other extensions but only the
install/uninstall of mmforeign  enables/disables the problem.

Configuration: Typo3 4.0, PHP_VERSION 4.3.10-16, Apache/1.3.33, Debian
GNU/Linux.

Extensions installed:
Backend
	ingmar_admpanelwrap 	1.0.3