[TYPO3-dam] Indexing freezes browser

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Wed Oct 26 21:14:06 CEST 2005

Florian Schaeffer wrote:

> As Murphy said, we had about 8000 images in one "incoming"-folder and
> tried to index the whole folder in one step. That was not possible, the
> *browser* freezed all the time we tried (we used Firefox 1.0.7 on WinXP,
> IE 6 on WinXP and IE 5.5 on Win2000, all browsers were very slow, they
> needed huge amounts of virtual memory (around 240 MB) and finally (after
> around 130 files) crashed), so we removed files from the folder. then we
> tried 1000 files in one step, that was damn slow but after waiting a
> while it worked. The progress bar was nevertheless not moving from lets
> say around 500 files until the state "finished" appeared.
>
> Then I tried to index around 500 files in one step and it had the same
> effect, after 470 files the progress bar stopped, and then switched to
> finished.
>
> Then I tried around 400 files, and everything was perfect, the indexing
> process was much faster and the progress bar was counting perfectly up
> through 100%.
>
> So there seems to be a problem when indexing huge file amounts in one
> step, or at least the progress bar isn't working as expected...

Hi Guys,

Indexing 5000 images, I have on my local machine with A TYPO3
installation, also gave me problems. Indexing would freeze randomly or
at least that's how it looked. Maybe I was to impatient to wait for the
endresult, but nothing seemed to happen after a long time. I didn't
freeze my browser though, but that's maybe because I am on a Linux
machine ;-)

gRTz

ben
--