[TYPO3-dam] Welcome to that damn thing

Jean-Baptiste Rio triphot69 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 4 17:11:04 CEST 2005

> But I must say that I'm a bit unsure what your game files are, but we'll see.

Usually it's called a replay or a record, it's produced during the game
and allow people to see again the game afterwards. There is a big
internet activity on these file, especially on Warcraft3 replays.
The fact is that it's XML compressed file, so it's possible to open the
file and collect automatically information about the game : player
names, played map, civilisation, game conditions... which are all
metadata used to index the file. That's why it is a media file :)

Jean-Baptiste