[TYPO3-content-rendering] Some ideas

Daniel Bachmann info at de-ba.net
Wed Jul 11 20:57:10 CEST 2012

> Hey,
>
> On 9-7-12 20:42 , Daniel Bachmann wrote:
> > Good evening,
> >
> > here some ideas for TYPO3
> >
> > - Adding some standard frames e.g. aside, article
>
> Right, we need a container element for aside, article, section and
> hgroup. Like a simple integration of some kind of gridelement.

Either a container element or just a frame ;)

> > - <header>-problem could be solved by using a simple checkbox, if checked
> > use <header>
>
> I know the header is there when it is not necessary. I would suggest it
> will only show when there is a date or subheader, not when there is only
> one <hx> surrounded by <header>. This can easily be solved in the
> css_styled_content TypoScript. I'll take a look at it after my holiday.

But if there is a subheader, for a example a h2 below a h1, then we need a
header group. I think it would be really cool, if we would have a
possibility to add more than one title.

> > - Including something like a blank valid standard template everyone can
> use
>
> IMHO this would be too much for the core installation. For something
> like the introduction package this is fine. Most of the people using
> TYPO3 regularly for their clients are writing their templates themselves
> anyway.

Was just an idea ;)

> > - What's about bootstrap or any other framesworks?
>
> I have the same opinion about this as I mentioned in the topic before.
>
> > - When I'm writing about bootstrap, what's about responsive web?
>
> Without any modifications to the core, including css_styled_content, you
> can already have a responsive layout including scaling images. What
> modifications should be made in your opinion?

Really? Now I'm curious. The layout is not the problem. It's just html, css
and maybe a little js. I can scale images with css but that is not a
genuine scaling. The size is the same.

> > - Using containers we really need. When I create a new TYPO3-Site, first
> > thing I do is to remove all divs. Where is the sense to have 3 or 4 divs
> > around an image? You style the whole page by using correct CASCADING
> > stylesheets.
>
> Css_styled_content has out-of-the-box styling for ALL possibilities it
> has. Especially for images the container constructions are necessary,
> even if you want to delete the default styling. For the new HTML5 setup
> a lot of cleaning has been done, but still we need some weird
> constructions. This is mainly because of long captions, multiple images
> in rows and columns, overriding width or height of an image by an editor
> and images beside the text, not floating around it. Try to remove these
> constructions and you're not able to solve this only with CSS. If you
> are not using any of these features in a website, you're free to remove
> the containers yourself, but for out-of-the-box functionality, we need
> to keep them.
>
> We've had these complaints before, and most of these complaints came
> from the unawareness of all the possibilities of css_styled_content.
>
> If you have a better markup with styling for these possibilities, please
> let me know.

At the moment I have no example for an image surrounded by millions of
containers. But I think when we use html5 we can use the figure-tag to
solve the problem with captions etc. A margin could be inserted inline. And
the rest just by using some classes. I don't like much html-code ;)

Greetz
Daniel