[TYPO3-content-rendering] Some ideas

Patrick Broens patrick.broens at typo3.org
Wed Jul 11 09:21:59 CEST 2012

Hey,

On 9-7-12 20:42 , Daniel Bachmann wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> here some ideas for TYPO3
>
> - Adding some standard frames e.g. aside, article

Right, we need a container element for aside, article, section and
hgroup. Like a simple integration of some kind of gridelement.

> - <header>-problem could be solved by using a simple checkbox, if checked
> use <header>

I know the header is there when it is not necessary. I would suggest it
will only show when there is a date or subheader, not when there is only
one <hx> surrounded by <header>. This can easily be solved in the
css_styled_content TypoScript. I'll take a look at it after my holiday.

> - Including something like a blank valid standard template everyone can use

IMHO this would be too much for the core installation. For something
like the introduction package this is fine. Most of the people using
TYPO3 regularly for their clients are writing their templates themselves
anyway.

> - What's about bootstrap or any other framesworks?

I have the same opinion about this as I mentioned in the topic before.

> - When I'm writing about bootstrap, what's about responsive web?

Without any modifications to the core, including css_styled_content, you
can already have a responsive layout including scaling images. What
modifications should be made in your opinion?

> - Using containers we really need. When I create a new TYPO3-Site, first
> thing I do is to remove all divs. Where is the sense to have 3 or 4 divs
> around an image? You style the whole page by using correct CASCADING
> stylesheets.

Css_styled_content has out-of-the-box styling for ALL possibilities it
has. Especially for images the container constructions are necessary,
even if you want to delete the default styling. For the new HTML5 setup
a lot of cleaning has been done, but still we need some weird
constructions. This is mainly because of long captions, multiple images
in rows and columns, overriding width or height of an image by an editor
and images beside the text, not floating around it. Try to remove these
constructions and you're not able to solve this only with CSS. If you
are not using any of these features in a website, you're free to remove
the containers yourself, but for out-of-the-box functionality, we need
to keep them.

We've had these complaints before, and most of these complaints came
from the unawareness of all the possibilities of css_styled_content.

If you have a better markup with styling for these possibilities, please
let me know.

Cheers,

--
Patrick Broens