[TYPO3-content-rendering] Some ideas

Christian Hennecke christian.hennecke at wunderknaben.com
Tue Jul 10 10:15:55 CEST 2012

Am 09.07.2012 20:42, schrieb Daniel Bachmann:
> Good evening,
>
> here some ideas for TYPO3
>
> - Adding some standard frames e.g. aside, article

+1

Any idea on how to solve the situation where several CEs have to be
included in such tags? Easy with TemplaVoilà, but...

> - Including something like a blank valid standard template everyone can use

Not a bad idea, BUT there are many approaches.

> - What's about bootstrap or any other framesworks?

While I do agree that things like the Framework for TemplaVoilà, march8,
and Twitter Bootstrap are great, the base package shouldn't force
developers in a specific direction, so such things should be done via
extensions.

It would be nice to have a certain number of "officially sanctioned"
extensions. Currently, we have quite a few ones for TemplaVoilà and
HTML5 that are developed independently, mostly by one person each. I'd
really like to see forces joined to ensure fast and continued development.

> - When I'm writing about bootstrap, what's about responsive web?

That's something that TYPO3 definitely should provide better support for
out of the box.

> - Using containers we really need. When I create a new TYPO3-Site, first
> thing I do is to remove all divs. Where is the sense to have 3 or 4 divs
> around an image? You style the whole page by using correct CASCADING
> stylesheets.

This was established to cover most possible styling cases at a time
where CSS wasn't that advanced and well-supported.

Cheers,

Christian