[TYPO3-content-rendering] RFC: Let's discuss the "default frame" in 4.3

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Tue Jun 16 21:34:19 CEST 2009

Franz Koch wrote:
 > If there are different spaces needed for what reason ever, a
> section-frame with predefined css class is in my eyes the best and
> cleanest solution.

Yes. This could be the perfect world but the reality is that some fast
hack with margin/space is sometimes needed. I would not get rid of it.

> using "margin" for the spaces causes the already mentioned "misbehavior"
> that margins don't get summed up - so only the largest value will be
> used (at least in most browsers). Using "padding" would solve this, but
> raise another problem if used in combination with section-frames, as the
> inner padding of the frame would change and most likely break the layout
> of the frame.

Since both ways (padding and margin) have its drawbacks it seems like we
should revert to "height" ie: <div style="height: 10px"> </div>  ?

I think this kind of "spacing" after/before is not used often (its kind
of fast fix) so it does not have to be integrated into one <div>
together with frame and anchor especially if there are some drawbacks.

I would only integrate anchor in one div if frame is used.

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz