[TYPO3-content-rendering] RFC: Let's discuss the "default frame" in 4.3

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Sun Jun 14 17:06:51 CEST 2009

Susanne Moog wrote:
> since you convinced me that we should have some "no frame" behavior I
> just had a quick shot at it and did the following:
>
> If no frame is selected the behavior is like in 4.2 (means a tag for
> content anchor, extra divs for spacing, content not wrapped), if a frame
> is the selected the new behavior comes in and uses that wrapping frame
> for spacing and as anchor.

This should be a good solution. I would test it but I think there could
be some problems with the margins as well.

Lets take example of what new csc-styled-content will produce if we set
top margin to 5 and choose Frame 1:

Now lets assume that csc-frame-1 is defined like this:
.csc-frame-1 {margin: 20px 0}

Without any margin set in CE I will get top margin 20px. If I set top CE
margin to 5px I will get top margin 5px instead of 25px as expected
because inline margin-top will overwrite value from css file.

With old 4.2 rendering you would get 25px as expected:

Do I miss something?

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz