[TYPO3-content-rendering] Revival of the group

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat Nov 29 11:10:35 CET 2008

Hi Ernesto,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> let's try to make a revival of this group.
>
> I would love to see more "action" in regards to css_styled_content,
> which means I can see the following "tasks" to be created, concepts
> created, assigned, work done, discussed here on the team and then
> getting stuff into core after this process.
>
> Following stuff is just a random list of stuff in my mind:
>
> - improve css_styled_content's Text with images so that it only renders
>  "a single image + text" if this is all we have (and not tons of DLs,
> DIV, SPAN, etcs). And maybe handle other "special" situations like this
> one better.

this is urgent imho ;-)

> - solve the "long standing" http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3363
> issue, XHTML validity of Text with image with no captions.

easy on, urgent too, belongs to above.

> - Review and solve http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5186

i stumbled about this bug very often - let's go

> - Discuss how to render the "Divider", or if it is still needed
> (http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2842)

it's removed by default, but it's no solution. Fix rendering so it can
be used if wanted.

> - Solve the baseURL vs prefixLocalAnchors bogus combinations
> (http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5026)

iirc baseURL is no longer needed as there is now the option with
absRefPrefix working for multi-domain setups.
config.prefixLocalAnchors = all should be set by simulateStatics and
realurl by default (ext can do this)

> - get GTMENU into core in some nice form

did you sayed befor that the whole menu-code has to be refactored? Doing
this in a good way shoul make it possible to easy combine different
types of menu rendering.

> - nicer features in the TYPO3 TABLE rendering. There was already a
> discussion / proposal on that one, I think it got "forgotten" (maybe in
> the -dev list)

good. May be a better table-wizard?

> - complete css_styled_content MANUAL, so that it could be rendered as a
> official core documentation for folks needing information about frontend
> rendering with it.

yes!

> - the new discussion about splitting up tt_contetn rendering typoscript
> for different TYPO3 versions to make the code "slimmer".

Susanne wanted to make the start, i would like such solution!

> Feel free to complete the list with your own thoughts. Then start a new
> thread if you want to start discussion on one certain topic.
>
> Also if you just want to tell us "I am here and still active", it would
> also be a nice way to see how many people are really still interested in
> this area.

i'm here, not an active member, but interested and i will make patches
for such tasks.
I really know the problem having a given html-layout and have to render
it the same, would like to do it without tpns of TS and without
rewriting whole rendering :-)

But let split your mentioned issus into single tasks for better structure.

vg Steffen