[TYPO3-content-rendering] Fancy form fields - THE solution for the TYPO3 FORM element?!

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Sat Jul 7 00:06:55 CEST 2007

Uschi Renziehausen wrote:
> Hi Ingo,
>
> Ingo Renner wrote:
>
>> I just wanted to point you at this great article over at sitepoint:
>> http://www.sitepoint.com/article/fancy-form-design-css
>>
>> I can imagine having this as THE FORM solution for TYPO3. What 'ya think?
>
> For me, two things are missing:
>
> 1) A solution for context help, which might be either assigned to a
> single field, a fieldset or a group of fields. This is needed to give
> the users hints like "Date format = YYYY.MM.DD" or "We need to know this
> , because foo".
> 2) In longer forms it is usefull to have a list of errors on top of the
> form from where you can jump to the error. This way the user has not to
> scroll down (or in case of a screenreader even listen to) the whole form
> to find out, what went wrong.

Hi,

1) What we would need is field validation. This would be a very strong feature.
Data can only be entered a certain way. There could be a standard series of
regexes and it should be easy to configure your own regex for validation.
2) Yes use PHP inline validation instead of Javascript validation.

gRTz

ben
--
netcreators :: creation and innovation