[TYPO3-content-rendering] New Content Rendering Concept: ICE

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri Apr 20 13:59:31 CEST 2007

>> I recall a discussion if special cases like the one-image case
>> should be handled differently. Was there any consenus?
>
> "Everybody" agreed that this was a good idea, but nothing has happened
> since then. :) Maybe we have some time to work on that in T3DD...

Well - just wait and see ;-)

Im going to present a totally new concept of individual content elements
(short ICE) there.
It will be partly based on IRRE while still using tt_content and its default
fields making an editors life much easier.
Finally the management will return to content, that has been removed because
people were forced to abuse the RTE to get the desired layout results.

I'm currently working on the final rendering of the elements and hopefully
the "ICE pack" will be ready for presentation at T3DD07.
ICE box, ICE core, ICE front and ICE flavor will definitely be uploaded as
beta within the next week.
The rest (ICE control), some BE modules for a more comfortable handling of
the configuration, will follow later.

If anybody is interested in having a preview, feel free to ask for a BE
login to my dev-server.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC/Xing: http://www.cybercraft.de