[TYPO3-content-rendering] still some problems with clear:both

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Apr 20 12:38:48 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote: on 20.04.2007 11:49:

>>> Good question. They need a clear too if the text short. As a workaround
>>> the editor may of course the editor may choose the "standard" left/right
>>> variants.
>>
>> I am also wondering why this hasn't been reported yet, as this has been
>> like that for more than a year now.
>
> I think it's rare as you have seldom very short texts next to images
> (and there is a workarounf). But it's really odd when it happens.

Ah, I think that now I remember why those two cases doesn't have a
clearer after the block: It is because it also was also rendered like
that in the "old" table variant (table is "floated" left or right)! This
makes it possible to have short texts and alternating images left and
right without having large gaps between the text blocks. Something like
that is possible:

+-----+
| img |  Text for block #1 with img-left, ends here.
| img |                                     +-----+
| img |  Text for block #2 (img-right)      | img |
Text for next block continues here and goes | img |
goes on...                                  +-----+
and on... and on... and on... and on... and on...
and on...

Of course having two img-left images will break if text is short. But
then the editor can choose in-text-nowrap...

Cheers,
Ernesto