[TYPO3-content-rendering] Question regarding image attributes

Stanislas Rolland stanislas.rolland at fructifor.ca
Fri May 5 17:19:57 CEST 2006

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] a écrit :

> Will the alt/title text be saved with the
> HTML-content? What if someone changes the alt/title text in DAM later?
> Will you save a reference to DAM, so we always have the "latest" text here?

After the image is inserted in the HTML content, I don't see how it
could be updated from DAM. Perhaps at rendering time with some
parseFunc? Note that the attributes may have been overridden by the
author. Maybe, in "Modify image" mode, the current values in DAM could
be shown to the author (not sure how feasible this is).

> As of the "title" attribute, I would love to see this configurable: The
> admin can decide from which field in DAM the title should come. And the
> user must be able to overwrite the title "entity-wise", so that the same
> image might have different titles depending on its usage (this probably
> doesn't apply to alt-attribute).

OK. Any default for the source of the title?

> There are three issues with the title-attribute regarding accessibility
> and browser compatibility, maybe these are relevant in this part of RTE
> code too:
>
> 1) accessibility: you should/must have a title attribute in the link
> that surrounds an image. This would describe the destination of the
> link. (done in Text w/ images with the
> "styles.content.imgtext.titleInLink" constant).

I guess DAM or not makes no difference here.

> 2) tooltips: IE uses IMG.title > IMG.alt (in this preference order) as a
> tooltip for an image on mouse-over. Other modern browsers use A.title >
> IMG.title as a tooltip, which is consistent with 1). But since we have
> to make IE happy, we usually duplicate the A.title as IMG.title (done in
> Text w/ images with "styles.content.imgtext.titleInLinkAndImg").

No such constraint is currently enforced from within the RTE.

> 3) And to avoid IE from showing the IMG.alt as a fallback for its
> tooltip, we place an empty IMG.title if there is no title (constant
> "styles.content.imgtext.emptyTitleHandling").

OK. If there is no title specified for an image, we should still have an
empty title attribute. Is this ensured by the current parseFunc_RTE
configuration?

Regards,
Stanislas