[TYPO3-content-rendering] forms, fieldsets and accessibility

Kai Laborenz typo3 at laborenz.de
Mon Mar 20 22:56:46 CET 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Bug #2485 complains about limted accessibility because of too many
> fieldsets. Any insights on this?

He is perfectly right - fieldset should
a) group thematically related fields
b) have a legend (required)

> Feature request #2292 introduces configurable fieldsets (per TS, but not
> the form wizard!)

This can only solved with an updated form wizard - editors usually dont
have access to TS.

How would you define by TS wich fields belong together? And what if the
editir changes the fields afterwards?

So I think it is a new feature.

Elmar an me made an extension (sb_accessiblecontent) which changes the
form wizard and there is an update for 4.0 on the way. So I think we can
look at this extension and integrate it into 4.1 (or will it be 4.01) if
its good.

Greetings, Kai