[TYPO3-content-rendering] p class="bodytext"

Kai Laborenz typo3 at laborenz.de
Tue Jan 31 07:22:51 CET 2006

Hi Peter,

Peter Niederlag schrieb:
  > I agree on removing that by default for lean installations and maybe
> stripping this but then I would vote for another "enriched" default
> template.
>
> Since it would rquire a lot of TS-patching on a lot of sites I would ask
> to postpone such a change up to 4.5 so we have chances to start
> addoptin/preparing for it now.
>
> Well, Could become an option in the update/compatibilty check but imho
> we need to pay attention that that tool does not get flooded by too many
> user-options right now.

One solution to problems like this is the idea of content rendering
schemes (see detail in the wiki:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Content_Rendering_Schemes).

Basically you can choose a "rendering style" (a scheme) to work with.
schemes could be
- accessibility
- minimized semantic markup
- old school
- maximum classes
- custom...

According to this scheme rendering of content elements is done. We can
supply a library of markup for functional structures (like "a result
browser") so that extension developers dont even have to think of
frontend markup...

How does that sound?

Greetings, Kai