[TYPO3-content-rendering] p class="bodytext"

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Mon Jan 30 22:27:20 CET 2006

Hi,

Kai Laborenz schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I ve seen that this classic <p class="bodytext"> comes stil as a default
> with the new CSC. Obviously for backwards compatibility reasons.
>
> But it is not best practice to use it - and there are stil a lot of now
> "oldfashion" markup pieces.
>
> Why not introduce a general property called "backwardsCompability" or
> something similar and use it to separate old rendering habbits from new
> ones?

I agree on removing that by default for lean installations and maybe
stripping this but then I would vote for another "enriched" default
template.

Since it would rquire a lot of TS-patching on a lot of sites I would ask
to postpone such a change up to 4.5 so we have chances to start
addoptin/preparing for it now.

Well, Could become an option in the update/compatibilty check but imho
we need to pay attention that that tool does not get flooded by too many
user-options right now.

Cheers,
Peter
from T3Board06