[TYPO3-content-rendering] Skinable frontend

Wed Jan 18 00:14:00 CET 2006

Torsten Schrade schrieb:
> Hi Elmar,
>

>> 3.) The third thing that is needed, would be a clean designed std set of
>> HTML-patterns and classes. It should become best practice in all
>> plugins, too.
>>
>> 4.) Based on a the classes the designer fraction can develop a
>> repository of skins.
>>
>> The third point is a common matter of the content rendering project.
>> Who is
>> interested to coordinate this?
>>

> Just for clarification: as far as I gather from the thread in the ECT
> list, you're thinking of
>
> 1. whole HTML templates (header, columns, footer etc.)
> 2. some HTML chunks, an accessible menu for example

Joey want's to organize a library of TS chunks. That is one project.

I wan't to use it to output very lean, linear accessible HTML with it. That's
the second project.

I expect, it could be done without html templates at all for a mayority of setups.

Menues:

> For these, you're thinking of std classes that are everywhere the same.
>
> For example, if we would class menus like

>     <ul class="menu-level-01">
>     </ul>
>
> that would then be the standard for ALL chunks and templates, right?

Right.

Text:

Usual HTML text consists of h1 - h6, p, ul, ol, li, etc. Nothing to do here.

Text with images:

Already defined by cron_cssstyledimgtext. Maybe you as content-rendering groups
would propose other classnames. You may discuss that.

Tables:

Not so easy to find general solutions, that cover a broad witdh of usages.

Extensions:

In extensions we deal in 90% with forms, resultlists and single views. That
should also use std classes. But there are also some more difficult parts to
define. Think of result trees or image lists.

Layout:

I think you should define one or more standard schemas that use DIVs with IDs to
separate the file. Than the layout can be steered by CSS.

See http://www.csszengarden.com/. That is a lean, liner, not perfectly
accessible HTML sorce. The designers only deliver CSS and images. No
HTML-Tempaltes are to edit.

Not all extensions will support the std classes from the beginnig. But those
extensions that use the standards will be skinnable. For the others you will
still need to build individual CSS. That means that the std extensions will be
more successfull. Others will follow.

So that is the order:

First your definition of std classes.
Second my linear HTML output with Joes TS.
Third the skinns.

Regards

Elmar

- --
Climate change 2006 is killing people: floods in California, drought and fires
in Australia, Texas, Sahel, Oklahoma, South Africa. The Bush administration is
responsible for corruption of the Kyoto Protocol. The US majority is responsible
to the world for reelection of a convictable [...censored by Echelon...].